The Speakers Workshop
6 WEEKS TO DELIVER YOUR EPIC TED TALK
This online module will allow you to self-pace as you dig deep into the art of public speaking. Watch a series of videos and do assignments to improve your ability to produce powerful and memorable public speeches. This class is perfect for beginners AND for those who want to up their game at their own pace.
How does this workshop work?
1. A set of content videos will teach you how to build and deliver a world class speech.
2. Each thoughtful assignment will help you to apply the information quickly.
3. Learn together with a community with your free access to the Art of Story Project (private) Speakers Workshop facebook group.
Purpose: Learn the secrets of professional speakers and how to deliver more effective presentations
Who is it for: This module is perfect for people who prefer to work at their own pace. When you register for this class you will receive login access to all the module videos and class notes for the entire module.
Format: Online self-paced class. This module consists of a series of short videos which cover a range of topics in public speaking. You will complete the assignments at your own pace to apply the work of the class.
The workshop moves through the process of writing and delivering a world class speech. This workshop content is a proven process which has been used by hundreds of students to make huge improvements to their ability to deliver a high caliber TED style speech.
What you will learn:
- REVIEW OF RESOURCES
- HOW TO CRITIQUE A SPEECH
- HOW TO PUSH PAST YOUR FEAR
- WHY STORY MATTERS
- THE VITAL IMPORTANCE OF UNDERSTANDING YOUR AUDIENCE
- THE ART OF PERSUASION (ETHOS, PATHOS & LOGOS)
- CHOOSE YOUR BIG IDEA WISELY
- PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER (BUILDING AN OUTLINE)
- USE CONTRAST TO MAGNETIZE YOUR AUDIENCE
- HOW TO EDIT
- HOW TO PRACTICE
- MASTERFUL RHETORIC
- BODY LANGUAGE
- RATE OF SPEAKING AND POWERFUL PAUSES
- VOCAL VARIETY
- STAGE CRAFT
- VISUAL AIDS
- WHAT TO WEAR (AND WHAT NOT TO WEAR)
- MAKING THE MOST OF SPEAKING AT A CONFERENCE
- HOW TO PREP IN THE FINAL 24 HOURS BEFORE YOU SPEAK
- POWERPOINT 101
Timing: Begin anytime. Work at your own pace.